Monday 19 March 2012

Latest News...


I have recorded a cover version of the song 'The Rose', which was written by Amanda McBroom and made famous by Bette Midler, but has been covered by several artists. It's a beautiful song; it was first introduced to me by my singing teacher when I was a teenager, and I've loved it ever since. I decided to adapt the piano arrangement and add some subtle vocal harmonies towards the end, and you can listen to it here:
http://soundcloud.com/meghannclancy/the-rose-cover


The recording process for my first album is still on the way, and we're hoping to get a lot done during April. So far one track, "Rainy Home Song" is pretty much complete, just doing a mix of it and I will be posting it online very soon, so keep a look out! I'm really excited about it and would love some feedback on it.

This week I have my first gig in a while performing my own material - and the first time ever that I will be accompanied by Luke and Katie on viola/violin and cello (respectively). They are both amazing and will also feature a lot on the album, including "Rainy Home Song". The gig is on Friday 23rd March from 8pm onwards, at Bar Loco in Newcastle (which is on Leazes Park Road just round the corner from St James's Park). Free entry! For those of you on facebook, more info here:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/234440663315391/


In other news, one of the bands I play in - 'Box Box Box' (fronted by Greg Genre) - have also been doing a spot of recording. This weekend we finished recording our first ever demo/EP, with 3 really fun tunes to get you into the mood for Spring!! Just a final mix to do and then it will be unleashed upon the world. In the meantime, if you've never heard our music you can get the general idea on our bandcamp page:
http://boxboxbox.bandcamp.com/
Or catch one of our gigs - we will be playing Bar Loco this Thursday 22nd, and Thursday 29th March.

All recordings have been done by the massively talented Liam Gaughan, who is based in Newcastle. I would highly recommend him, and since I'm posting so many links here is his website: http://www.liamgaughan.com/

I think that's it for now, hope you enjoy "The Rose" and hope to see you soon.


Meghann :)








No comments:

Post a Comment