Thursday 10 April 2014

Spring, Spring, Spring!

- Name that musical! (If you got my geeky show-tune title reference, congratulations. You are officially awesome). So, it's been a while since I last blogged (is that a real word?), it's about time for a little update!

Emma Stevens Support

First and foremost, some info on my next gig. I will be supporting the wonderful Emma Stevens when she comes to Newcastle on her UK tour. The gig is on TUESDAY 15th APRIL AT THE CLUNY. I'm really looking forward to seeing Emma and her band play live, watch the video below to get an idea of her sound.


Tickets are £12 on the door or £10 in advance - or I can sort you out with a sweet deal - get in touch on Facebook or email me at info@meghannclancy.co.uk

Grassington Festival

Another gig announcement - I will be performing at the wonderful Grassington Festival in June! Not only is Grassington my home town (home village?), but it hosts a fantastic arts festival for 3 weeks every year, this year headliners include Heather Small and The Boomtown Rats, as well as comedian Omid Djalili. 

I will be playing at the Octagon Theatre on Sunday June 22nd, at a variety evening with spoken word from Ray Snape, and more music from local legends Slack Alice. 


Baby of the Storm

My last few posts were all about my charity single, 'Baby of the Storm'. I am pleased to tell you that so far we (including gift aid), we have raised over £450 for the Disasters Emergency Committee! Thank you so much to anyone reading this who kindly donated to the cause, and anyone who watched and shared the music video, I hope you enjoyed it :)

BUT - it's not over yet. The DEC do some really invaluable work. One of their biggest recent appeals is the Philippines Appeal, which 'Baby of the Storm' is all about. However, any money donated will not go just to that, but to new and ongoing appeals, such as the Syria Crisis. To quote their website:


The DEC brings 13 leading UK aid charities together in times of crisis: Action Aid, Age International, British Red Cross, CAFOD, Care International, Christian Aid, Concern Worldwide, Islamic Relief, Oxfam, Plan UK, Save the Children, Tearfund and World Vision; all collectively raising money to reach those in need quickly.

So, dig deep people!! If you would still like to make a donation, please visit my Virgin Money Give page. And if you didn't see the music video yet, here it is!


AND REMEMBER - if you donate, as a huge thank you from me, you get your very own download of the song.

Peculiar Disco Moves

If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter (if you don't you totally should...) then you may have seen I have recently become the newest member of the band Peculiar Disco Moves. Described as "a bunch of North Eastern waifs and strays who form highly addictive pop songs with off-the-wall lyrical tirades", I've had a lot of fun with these guys so far! Already played a couple of gigs, I'm still trying to master swapping between tambourine, cowbell, and the shiny new synth they've lent me, whilst also warbling over the top and sporting an extremely sparkly disco ball-esque dress. The new single 'Lost For Words' is out on May 9th, and last weekend we shot the official music video, which features outfits and instruments in the style of various decades. 80s was particularly fun... Apparently my ability to keep a serious face is impressive. Must be those years of practice with my sister of who would win the game of 'whoever laughs first loses'.



I will of course let you know when the video is out! And if you can come along to the launch, it's May 9th at the Mining Institute in Newcastle upon Tyne. Keep an eye out for other future gigs too :)

Things are also going well with the Shoeshop Quartet girls, we may have seemed a little quiet as of late but we've been working hard on getting a new website together, which we will share with you soon along with some other little treats...

New Song Collaboration

Thanks to the wonders of the internet, I was approached on SoundCloud by a fellow musician, a producer based in Indonesia. We have been working on a co-write, which you can listen to a taster of here! 


It's been an interesting experience writing in a new way, and something I would like to do more of. Give it a listen and let me know what you think of it so far :)

New Live Videos

Courtesy of Musical Allsorts Presents, here is a new live video of an old favourite track from my debut album - Neck of the Woods. Check out their other videos, lots of talented people on their and well made films - they even do reviews and shop sessions now - if you're a musician based in the North East definitely get in touch with these guys!



And finally...

Two silly videos of me and Jen Armstrong. Jen is a SUPER talented singer-songwriter, and one of my best friends in the whole world. She came to visit me a few weeks ago and we got a little, shall we say... giddy. Children of the 90s, you will appreciate this:


And if you have no idea what's going on in this last one, shame on you... go and watch some Father Ted now. RIGHT NOW. I apologise in advance for my accent. I am in fact half Irish - which must be why I sound so damn convincing....



ENJOY! And I will be in touch soon. And hit me up about those Emma Stevens tickets - TUESDAY APRIL 15TH AT THE CLUNY! 

Bye for now :) x



No comments:

Post a Comment